Monday, October 5, 2009

Chapter 3 - Oops....

***CHAPTER 3 IS BEING POSTED WITHOUT ANY EDITING. I WROTE IT A MONTH AGO AND JUST HAVE NOT HAD THE TIME OR MOTIVATION TO EDIT IT WITH EVERYTHING GOING ON. PLEASE BE GENTLE. YOUR COMMENTS/SUPPORT DETERMINE IF I FINISH IT. WITH THE LACK OF INTEREST, I FIND IT HARD TO WANT TO WRITE. THANK YOU.***

I had never seen Les Tres this busy before. The recent sighting of Jordan had turned the place into a paprazzi palace full of people just hoping to get a picture of him. I studied the room hoping to find Sofia or Abigail but had no luck. I stopped off at the bar and ordered myself the usual Mojito. I took one sip and the events from earlier slowly left my train of thought. I was lost in the lime and mint that was this ever so delicious Mojito.

I must have been too consumed by my drink because the next thing I knew, my Mojito was all over myself and the guy that I had accidentally run into.

I was profusely apologizing and trying to soak up the mess when he turned around. Staring at me were two big blue eyes that with no doubt belonged to him.

Fuck.

My mind went blank and I began to stutter. I couldn't put sentences together or even form words. My thoughts were a jumbled mess. I kept my mouth shut to avoid looking like a bumbling fool.

He smiled.

Fuck.

My knees went weak and it was so hard for me to keep upright.

"Are you ok?" he asked.

:I am fine. Thank you." I couldn't believe it. I had somehow managed to form a sentence and have it make sense.

He laughed.

"I'm really sorry. Are you ok?"

"A little wet but I will dry."

"Again, I am really sorry. I can't even begin to try and think how much that jacket cost. I will pay to clean it or replace it."

Ok, so maybe I was looking for a way to get his number.

"Don't worry about it. Can I buy you another drink?"

Oh my god. Oh my god.

"Sure. Thank you"

I somehow managed to walk from where we were standing to the bar without face planting into a table or barstool. I managed to keep walking without tripping and falling to the floor. How would that have been for a second impression? It wasn't like my first impression was all that stellar anyway.

"Jordan," he said as he held out his hand.

"Rylee," I said as I took his hand. His hands were soft and gentle. I am never washing that hand again.

As we were waiting for my drink I spotted Abigail who then saw me. She got this surprised look of shock on her face and I mouthed "I know!" and I pointed at him.

Caught.

I tried to casually run my hand through my hair in hopes that he didn't see my not so nonchalant jesture.

He noticed. And then stairs at Abigail. And then at me and smiled as he turned back to the bar to grab my drink.

"Thanks for the drink."

"You're welcome. Now try to keep this one in your mouth and not down some poor guys jacket."

And with that we went our separate ways. I watched him disappear into the crowd before making my way to the table where Abigail, Sofia and Lauren all sat with dumbfounded looks on their faces.

"What?"

"Was that... Jordan Stamps?" Sofia asked confused.

"Who is that?" I said as I was playing it cool.

"Jordan Stamps from 101 Degrees. THE Jordan Stamps. Only the hottest man on planet Earth."

"Maybe. He did say his name was Jordan."

"How... What... Why?" Sofia tried to stammer out.

"I, being the klumsy person that I am, spilled my drink on him so he bought me another. No big deal."

"No big deal? Rylee, are you out of your mind?"

No, I am not out of my mind. I know exactly who he was. I spent about 10 minutes containing drool in my mouth and keeping my head on straight. I know that 10 years ago, every woman in this room kissed his posters every night before bed. They had my same dreams.

Of course I knew he was. I would be dumb not to. And I touched him.

As the conversation changed to Sofia's recent modeling job, I scanned the room. I saw Jordan talking to some important looking people on the other side of Les Tres. I couldn't have believed my luck tonight.

Jordan looked up and caught my eye. He smiled, turned to the people he was with and said something. The next thing I knew, he was making his way over to the table I was at. I just knew he had seen Abigail or Sofia and wanted me to introduce them.

"Hey." I said as he approached the table.

He smiled and introduced himself to Sofia and Abigail.

"Care to dance?"

ME? Me, Rylee Madison was being asked to dance by Jordan Stamps. And not the two other beautiful women sitting at my table. Me.

"Of course."

We went out on to the dance floor. He pulled me close as a slow song came on. He took one of my hands and put it around his neck and took my other hand in his.

"I'm not a very good dancer."

"I see this" he smirked.

I couldn't help but laugh.

"Having a good time tonight?" He asked.

"Yes. A great time. And yourself?"

"Good so far. I am a little cold however. You see this girl, she spilled a drink on my jacket so I had to take it off."

My face turned a bright shade of red.

"I am really sorry about that. My feet aren't exactly coordinated and sometimes they don't like to work together."

He laughed at that.

"You were just mesmerized my charming good looks and forgot how to walk. Its ok. I understand. Trust me, you aren't the first."

"Cocky much?"

"Maybe just a little."

The song changed to the new T.Pain song and he let go of me. I thanked him for the dance and turned to make my way back to my table.

"Where are you going? I am not done yet." He said as he grabbed my hand.

Believe me, I was completely ok with that. I turned back around and we got low on the dance floor. We bumped and grinded our way through the song and then the next.

By the third song we might as well have been the only ones in the room. There was no care whatsoever about anyone else there. And I had no care of who was watching or what people were saying.

At the end of the song another slow song came on.

"I need a break." I yelled.

He nodded and said he had to go back to the people he was with for a moment so I headed back to my table.

"What?"

I recognized the looks Abigail and Sofia were giving me. I think there might be a slight hint of jealousy in there as well. I didn't care.

At that very moment I couldn't describe how I was feeling. I was on cloud 9 and counting.

But at that very moment I also had to go to the bathroom. I could feel a lot of eyes on me as I made my way to the bathroom. I didn't know what they were thinking but I am sure I could figure it out. And honestly, I didn't care.

I made my way down the winding hall that led to the bathroom. I stared at myself in disbelief in the mirror before finding a stall. When I was done I walked to the sink and washed my hands. I still couldn't believe the events of tonight.

I was more sure than ever tonight that last week Jordan did smile at me.

I finished up and made my way out of the bathroom. Jordan was walking towards me. When he came closer, he grabbed me and threw me up against the wall. He pushed himself to me and his lips met mine. Who was I fight him off. This had been my dream for years now.

His lips were soft and he was an amazing kisser. The whole time I was enjoying the kiss I did my best to not think of how my kiss was for him.

The kiss got heavier and his hands started to wonder in places that they shouldn't in public.

"Do you want to get out of here."

I was breathless. I couldn't speak so I just nodded my head.

He grabbed my hand and we headed out the back door. Made sense. Paparazzi filled the front of the club.

We hopped into his car which was worth more than my life would ever be.

"Can we go back to your place? Mine isn't furnished yet."

"Uh, yeah. That's fine. Turn here. I have to warn you though, it is a condo building."

"That's fine. You go in first."

"It is the top floor. Number 2014."

We pulled up to the building and I got out and started to walk to the front door while Jordan went to park. I suddenly started to get nervous. What if he doesn't show up. No. This was his idea. He will be there.

When I got walked in I sent a quick text to Abigail and Lauren to let them know I was already home and ok. I didn't want them worrying about me. I quickly looked about the room. My need for a maid was made crystal clear and that very minute. There were things everywhere. I stuffed as much as I could into the hall closet and made a mental reminder to be careful when I open that door again.

There was a knock at the door and I jumped. I looked through the peephole. He was perfect.

"Hey" I said as I opened the door and invited him in.

My mind was racing with a hundred different thoughts. I had no idea what would happen at this point. I was nervous and trying unsuccessfully to hide my obviously shaking hands.

What do you say? What do you do?

"Would you like a glass of wine?"

Really? Wine?

"I am not really a wine drinker. Do you have anything else?"

I opened my fridge back up and looked inside. All I had was beer. Being from Texas, I liked a good beer every now and then. Ok, it was actually what I preferred to drink. But here in Los Angeles, women who drank beer had a trashy reputation.

"Well, do you?" I heard coming from right behind me. He was so close I could feel his breath on the back of my neck. I tensed up and had a tingly sensation come over my body.

"Beer."

"Perfect. My kind of woman."

I took one out for each of us and went out to my balcony while Jordan used my bathroom.

The weather was quite nice tonight. There was a nice ocean breeze blowing tonight. I started to think of what happened earlier. I tried to piece together the night to figure out how and why Jordan Stamps was in my house. What would possess him to come back here. With me? I silently laughed at my house. I was a silly girl. My thoughts were interrupted when Jordan joined me.

"What an amazing view."

"Thanks. It is the reason I bought this place."

"You know, I never took you as a beer drinker."

"Really? What makes you say that?"

"Mojitos. Stilettos. Most girls like that won't come with in ten feet of beer."

"I'm not that kind of girl" I took a big drink of mine.

Jordan started coming closer to me. He had that look in his eye and I started to feel my legs go number. He took my face in his hand and brought me up to him. I could feel his breath on me. He was staring into my eyes and I could tell what he wanted.

"Then tell me, what kind of girl are you?"

And with that, he kissed me hard but with passion. I kissed back. I didn't want it to end. Here I was, kissing Jordan Stamps. I had only dreamed of this for ten years. If I was sleeping, I had no desires to wake anytime soon.

"Bedroom?" I asked when we finally decided to stop for breath.

He shook his head yes and we stumbled our way into the bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment